We are happy to announce that students will be returning to campus over the next week or two. In order to make this safe and successful we need your cooperation and support. This post contains important information on reopening our campus; please read it in its entirety.
Please note that this Friday 18th September there will be no classes - at school or online - for students. This will be a work day for staff to get things ready at school. We apologize for the short notice on this one.
The golden rules for coming to campus
Our priority is to keep people safe so please adhere to the following before coming to school:
- If you believe your child has been exposed to COVID-19 do not come to school.
- If your child has a temperature above normal do not come to school.
- If your child is feeling unwell do not come to school.
If parents can take their child's temperature before coming to school this would be excellent; in any case all students will have their temperatures taken on arrival. Students with elevated temperatures will not be admitted to class, instead they will be sequestered for collection by parents.
The golden rules for being on campus
Our priority is to keep people safe so please adhere to the following while at school:
- Wear a mask (except Nursery and Preschool students).
- Sanitize your hands regularly.
- Maintain social distancing.
We have new systems in school for drop off, pick up, seating, moving and being in class. We need your cooperation to make these work. Please take time to speak with your child about the importance of complying with these measures.
The schedule for returning to campus
We will be resuming normal school timings; principals will communicate with you tomorrow concerning schedules and so forth. We have staggered the start dates for students to allow us to manage better the transition back to campus; home-based learning will continue for those off campus. Please send students to school only as indicated below:
Already on campus
- Year 13 using the secondary car park
- Year 11 using the secondary car park
Monday 21st September
- Year 9 using the secondary car park or MPC car park
- Year 4 using the primary car park
- Reception using the early years car park
- Preschool using the MPC car park
- Nursery using the MPC car park
Wednesday 23rd September
- Year 10 using the secondary car park
- Year 7 using the secondary or MPC car park
- Year 6 using the MPC car park
- Year 5 using the primary car park
- Year 1 using the early years car park
Monday 28th September
- Year 12 using the secondary car park
- Year 8 using the secondary or MPC car park
- Year 3 using the MPC car park
- Year 2 using the early years car park
The car parks
It is over a year since the Nangwanya road car parks were last used and six months since students were on campus so we do expect some traffic congestion. Planned speed humps have yet to appear so please be careful on Nangwneya Road. Please bear with us, cooperate with the teachers and security guards posted there and if possible come early. The car parks are:
- Secondary car park entrance and exit on Kasiba Road.
- MPC car park entrance on Lukasu Road, exit on Margaret Tembo Road.
- Primary car park entrance and exit on Nangwenya Road.
- Early Years car park entrance and exit on Nangwenya Road.
- Admin car park on Nangwneya Road please do not use this for student drop off.
If you are dropping or picking students in multiple year groups we recommend that you use the car park for the youngest child. You do not have to drop and pick in separate car parks.
The principals and I will be communicating with you over the next few days. We will try to keep this managable but we do need you to familiarize yourself with the information we send.
We have prepared guidelines documents as follows: