The moment we have all been waiting for finally arrives! We are all excited and eager to get our students back into school and are working hard to ensure the school is safe for our students.
Teachers will contact you through Whatsapp with regards to drop off and pick up of books for this week and next week. We are having different start dates for year groups to facilitate a smooth reopening. I hope you have gone through the guidelines for parents shared by the Head of school yesterday. Please click below to read them if you have missed it.
Please read through this message in its entirety to understand expectations and changes in Primary school. I do hope this will help reassure you of the steps we are taking to observe health protocols at school.
1. Every class will be rearranged to accommodate social distancing of 1.5 meters for students in the classroom. Teachers will have a distance of 2 meters from students and will work towards maintaining distances as they facilitate teaching and learning. Please click here to view the school map if you would like to know where your child's class will be.
2. Students will have staggered breaks with their own class and in their own zone supervised by their class teacher and teaching assistant.
3. Frequent checks will be done in toilets with regards to cleaning handles of doors and toilets.
4. All classes will follow a new but regular schedule/ timetable - 7 periods a day (with the exception of students in Nursery, Preschool, Reception) which the teachers will share with you. This will be implemented for students who come back to school for face to face learning.
Students continuing with Home-Based Learning ( HBL) next week, will also follow the new schedule. However, the start time for them will be 8 a.m. This is in an attempt to lessen screen time.The end times are different:
HBL for Year 1 and 2 will start at 8:00 and end at 12:40
HBL for Year 3- 6 will start at 8:00 and end at 13:30
5. Some specialist teachers will come to classes ( Zambian Studies, PSHE) and for some children will move - eg. PE lessons, Art, ICT, Library, MFL, and Music ( children do need to move around). Children will wipe down desks and chairs as they move into specialist lessons during the day.
6. Parents must endeavor to drop off and pick up their children from the assigned car parks. Please work together with us and follow the car parks prescribed in the guidelines to avoid congestion.
7. Ensure your child has everything they need before they leave home. Please make them responsible to pack their belongings.
8. Kindly ensure children have their bags next to them in the car when they leave home, so they can simply come out with their bags when they reach campus. Please avoid keeping bags in the boots at drop off time.
9. Please watch this youtube video together with your child to understand the changes they will experience at school.