Tuesday, 16 March 2021
Mocks Update (IGCSE and Checkpoint)
Mock Exams for Year 9 and 11 have commenced. So far our invigilators have been extremely impressed with all candidates, who have been punctual, respectful and have followed all the rules without question.
This year it has been exceptionally difficult to facilitate mocks due to Covid-19. We've had to figure out how to maintain good social distance and ensure proper sanitisation and ventilation for a large group setting. We recognise this is not easy for candidates, but we have been so impressed with how responsible they have shown to be!
As we continue with mock exams for the next two weeks, candidates and parents are reminded of the following:
- Extra masks are available for anyone who needs one! If you struggle to breath sometimes, having a fresh mask always helps.
- Candidates should always sit on the desk with their name on it. A specific desk is allocated to every candidate.
- Candidates should continue to arrive promptly for every exam - 15m before the start time. All surfaces including the floors are sanitised between exam cycles. Any delays to start times make it more difficult to ensure proper health and safety.
- Candidates waiting in the Holding Area should continue to maintain social distancing and avoid bunching up. Please follow the yellow dots!
- Year 11s who wish to revise on campus are welcome in the Library. Please note that we only have study spaces in the Library, if you wish to have a break and chat to friends please do so outside. Plenty of space around the Tuck Shop and benches outside the Library.
Exams Officer - Cambridge International Assessment
By Ves Ivanov