SAISA (Southern African International School Association) is a newly formed international school league which includes school from around southern Africa;
• American International School of Cape Town (AISCT)
• Luanda International School (LIS)
• The American International School of Kinshasa (TASOK)
• Windhoek International School (WIS)
• American International School of Johannesburg (AISJ)
• American International School of Mozambique (AISM)
The team was quite successful at the event, and managed to win all of its games, as they brought home their first SAISA championship. Their coach, Jamal Atkins, described the tournament as highly competitive, and felt our boys played their best basketball of the season to secure the victory.
Upon return, the boys relayed that they were very pleased with their experience, enjoying the hospitality of the Congolese people, the kindness of TASOK students and staff, and getting a first-hand view of Kinshasa and its fast paced way of life. Of course, winning the championship helped make the trip especially memorable.
In the future, ISL is working to get all of their secondary competitive teams involved in other SAISA tournaments. Currently, our U19 football teams are looking forward to, and preparing for the upcoming SAISA football tournament in Cape Town in early April of 2020.