Featured post

COVID-19 Hotlines

The following hotlines (phones staffed during office hours) may be of help: tech support it.hotline@isl.sch.zm 0211250364 school nu...

Tuesday 21 May 2019

New Human Resource Officer

Hello, my name is Ivy Chipasha, you probably know me as Mark's PA.
I have now taken the role of Human Resource Officer starting May, 1st, having worked as Personal Assistant to the Head of School since 2014.  I´m enthusiastic about this role and look forward to working with everyone.

This position offers new and exciting challenges to me, all of which I am looking forward to.   My responsibilities include recruitment (contracts, job adverts, shortlisting, work permits, housing, travel, shipping etc); leave management; medical insurance; salary scales; Teaching Council of Zambia and Zambia Qualifications Authority; union negotiations; personnel records; immigration, where they have now introduced an online work permit application system and other HR related roles.  We have had tremendous success in acquiring work permits for new staff and also renewals/extensions for existing staff, we still awaiting responses for a few more.

As you may have heard, there are a number of changes in the employment act in the country with the introduction of the new Employment Code Act 2019 which came into effect on 9th May 2019.  I will take you through the Code at the appropriate time. These and many other HR duties constitute my day to day running of the office. Please feel free to stop by my office any time, if you have any questions or would just like to meet in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment