Featured post

COVID-19 Hotlines

The following hotlines (phones staffed during office hours) may be of help: tech support it.hotline@isl.sch.zm 0211250364 school nu...

Friday 13 May 2022

Introducing Dorothy Mwanza - Primary teacher

My Name is Dorothy Mwanza, and I am thrilled to be joining the Early Years team at International School of Lusaka. I gained my Early Childhood Education teaching experience in Doha, Qatar, where I worked with The Newton Group of schools for 6 years. I completed my B.Eng. in Telecommunications in Wuhan, China and in 2017, I received my PGC in Education from The University of Nottingham.

Working with many children to whom English was a second language motivated me to “think outside the box” in order to provide a learning space for all ability groups and needs, allowing students to explore and investigate their own learning. I look forward to promoting this teaching and learning philosophy with my new learners this academic year and ensure to help each child progress in their development.

In my spare time, I enjoy, playing with my dogs, listening to music, cooking, traveling around the world to learn about different cultures, playing sports such as swimming and netball and enjoy a relaxing jog every now and then.   

No comments:

Post a Comment