Featured post

Your school needs you

Dear parent: You, as a parent, are a voting member of the Association of the International School of Lusaka - which means that you own our...

Friday, 15 January 2021

Dealing (again) with COVID-19

We find ourselves once more facing this vicious virus and must discharge our mission - to educate children - while keeping people safe. As a response, we have closed our campus and transitioned back to home-based learning until at least Friday 22nd January 2021. Beyond this, our board will face the difficult task of balancing education against safety. We are watching closely the number of cases - nearly 10 000 active cases as of today - and the pattern of increases is still geometric. We are also looking at guidance from the GRZ and the CDC.

There is no clear or easy way forward and we must chart our own path based on the judgement of our board. The government can ask us to close as a public health measure with which we have always been in support. However, our board may decide to remain closed even in the event that other schools open their campuses if this seems wisest. Our board deserves our support and trust as they have found themselves guiding the school throug these turbulent times.

If you have an opinion on the way forward, why not share it in the comments section below. Let's start a discussion from which we all may benefit.

1 comment:

  1. I am sure the board will decide the safest and wisest way forward. The school as a whole, teachers and students have proved themselves up to the challenge of undertaking home-based learning, and they will do very well. It might be the ideal decision to continue HBL, given the unchecked rise of cases of late. Thank you for all your support.