Featured post

COVID-19 Hotlines

The following hotlines (phones staffed during office hours) may be of help: tech support it.hotline@isl.sch.zm 0211250364 school nu...

Wednesday 12 August 2020

Navigating ManageBac and Videos on IBPYP

 
Dear Primary Parents,
  
Welcome back and a special warm welcome to new families who have joined the ISL community. I hope you all had a relaxing holiday and are now ready to start the new academic year. 
For those of you who are new, my name is Mrs Grace Kambeu and I am the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme Coordinator (IBPYP Coordinator). I am responsible for coordination of the IBPYP learning and teaching programme within the school.
As you are aware, teaching and learning will begin on Tuesday 11th August 2020 for all students in primary. Our programme will be delivered through Home-Based Learning (HBL) with students using instructional platforms and more exciting features. I am sure that classroom teachers have shared this information with you.
In normal circumstances, I would have held an IBPYP workshop for new parents to give an insight about the Primary Years Programme. Our programme promotes the central principle of agency which is threaded throughout the three pillars of the curriculum that are: the Learner, Teaching and Learning and the Learning Community.
 To start with, I am sending two videos; the learner and learning and teaching to help you understand what an IBPYP school is all about.
The link below will also help you on how to navigate ManageBac. (ManageBac is an online learning platform used in our school. It enables effective curriculum planning, assessment and reporting. It also helps to enhance communication to parents and students).
I will be sending a video on the learning community and our IBPYP Parent Handbook in my next blog. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you need more information about our curriculum or have any questions. You can email me on ibpypcoordinator@islzambia.org
Please keep safe and well during this pandemic.
Warm regards,
Mrs Grace Kambeu

 

No comments:

Post a Comment