Featured post

COVID-19 Hotlines

The following hotlines (phones staffed during office hours) may be of help: tech support it.hotline@isl.sch.zm 0211250364 school nu...

Friday 7 June 2024

Hello from Jeanne - New IT teacher

Hi Team,

I hope you're all doing great! My name is Jeanne van Heerden, and I'm thrilled to be joining ISL as your new IT teacher. I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself and share a bit about my background.

Before coming to ISL, I worked at an international school in the Middle East, teaching IT and IB Design Technology. Besides teaching, I'm passionate about clever design and conceptual photography. I hold a degree in Fashion Design, and I have also specialized in sustainability, which is a personal passion of mine. I'm currently working towards an Honours degree in Inclusive Education, which has really shaped my approach to teaching.

I'm from beautiful Cape Town and have the most adorable two-year-old daughter who keeps me on my toes. I love animals and nature, which inspire a lot of my creative work. Additionally, my husband works here at ISL too, so we're both excited to be part of this wonderful community. I’m especially grateful for this opportunity after taking a maternity break, and I am excited to get back into the classroom.

I'm enthusiastic about blending technology and creativity in the classroom and am dedicated to creating a fun, inclusive, and engaging learning environment for our students. I'm looking forward to collaborating with all of you and bringing some fresh ideas to the table.

Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions or just want to chat. I can't wait to meet everyone and get started!

Best,

Jeanne van Heerden

No comments:

Post a Comment