Featured post

COVID-19 Hotlines

The following hotlines (phones staffed during office hours) may be of help: tech support it.hotline@isl.sch.zm 0211250364 school nu...

Tuesday 20 September 2022

Welcome from the Acting Head of School

As you know, I have been appointed by the Board as the Acting Head of School. Although the Secondary Principal position has absorbed the majority of my time over the past several years, I have worked closely with Mr Gough, Mr Fox, Ms Nair and now with Ms Appana, to ensure that education at ISL has a through-line from Early Years until graduation. That said, some of you may not know me that well, so I thought I’d give you a brief overview of my background. 

Having completed a degree in Physical Education, I spent several years travelling and working; Europe, North Africa, the Middle East, Asia and down through Australia and New Zealand. During these travels I came to appreciate the diversity of culture, beliefs, thoughts and perspectives which exist, and the potential we have to learn from each other.


My formal experience in international education started in the Yemen in the early 90s, where I was a Year 5 English/Maths/Science teacher and the Primary Coordinator in a bilingual Arabic-English school. From there I moved to India where I held various roles in international schools in Kodaikanal, Bangalore, Mumbai, Ahmedabad and Bhubaneswar as a teacher, house parent, Athletic Director, IBDP Coordinator, and a Middle and Secondary School Principal. My last post before joining ISL was as the Secondary Principal and Deputy Head of School at the Australian International School in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.


Throughout these years I also worked as an IB Diploma and Middle Years authorisation consultant for the IB Singaore office as well as serving on a number of CIS-NEASC-WASC accrecition teams. Along the way I completed my Masters in Education from the University of Toronto and Certification of International School Leadership from the Principals’ Training Center.


Having spent 8 years here and having had 2 children graduate and now at university, it is a great honour and privilege to be given the opportunity to lead such a formidable group or educators within a truly special community here in Zambia. 


I will always appreciate your feedback so please do feel free to come by for a visit and let me know how things are going and how we can make this a better school for our children.


No comments:

Post a Comment